Admin Control Panel

Posts Change Layout Sign Out

May 27, 2014

Father's Day {Shirt & Tie} Card + Templates

The new June kits are available now for subscribers at Studio Calico & will become available to everyone in just a few short hours. (links will be active at midnight for non-subbers)

I wanted to share one of the cards I made for this month's gallery using products from the kits.

Did you ever make origami shirts when you were a kid?  One of my friends taught me how when I was in elementary school & we made them out of dollar bills.  We thought we were so clever.  ;)  That memory inspired this design.  They're so simple to assemble & with Father's Day just around the corner... I need simple!
I started off with a 4" x 5.5" flesh-toned card base. (If you don't have any flesh-toned cardstock, there's a great medium shade in this month's More Color Cardstock set.)

Use the templates provided to cut out your shirt & tie.  If you have a Silhouette, you can let the machine do all the work for you.  If you don't have an electronic die cutter, you can download & print the PDF file & cut each piece by hand.  Either way, it's very simple.

I used some of the patterned paper found in the Hello, Hello card kit for my tie.  It's also found in the Hello, Hello paper pad.

I used my Silhouette again to cut out the word "DAD"  (Habana font) and stamp from the Ciao kit to finish out the sentiment.

From here, you can add as little or as many details as you'd like.  I used a hole punch to make a couple of "buttons" for the collar & a white gel pen to add details to the pocket.  To make it look even more realistic, I machine stitched along the middle & added a real button.

You can download all of the files HERE.  (PDF, .studio, png, svg)

Enjoy!

1 comment :

  1. Thank you for sharing these files with us! Such a cute card!

    ReplyDelete

This site has been Tweaked and Designed by Sara Williams | Powered by Blogger | Back to Top
 
Pin It button on image hover